Thursday, August 28, 2008

Breaking Dawn/The Seal of Disapproval

IF YOU LIKED BREAKING DAWN AND YOU GO CRAZY WHEN PEOPLE SAY THEY DONT LIKE IT, THEN I ADVISE YOU NOT TO READ THIS.

You know, I'm sure people are deathly afraid of whiny, pmsing, full of hormone teenage girls. And I am not saying I'm not afraid of them, because I am. The Twilight fandom is crazy.
But I'm going to post this anyways.

So let me tell you all who are going to yell at me for not being a true Twilighter:

1. I am. Just because I don't like 1 book does not mean I'm not a true fan.
2. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Even a nobody like me.
3. I know your defending your book and all but saying 'OHMAHGAD. I CANT BELIEVE YU DON'T LYKE BREAKING DAWN. YU R SUCH AN UNTRU FAN.' is not defending it.

Now that we have that done. Reading this felt like it was a fan fiction piece that was called literature and was put on bookshelves being sold in stores everywhere with a seal of disapproval taped in front of it because disappointed Twilighters returned them.

I have to say even though Renesmee sounded adorable it was because she was born of the Mary Sue of the book. The baby Mary Sue. Without her would have been much better.

What disappointed me the most was that Stephenie led us up to a climax then let us fall flat on our faces. That was, the war. No, let me rephrase that, The wussies that just stood there and talked. Making everyone earning their peace would have been much better than what happened.
The excuse: The Voulturi didn't want to ruin their rep. NO, that is unacceptable. No war, no action, no one dieing. Except for that one chick we dont care about, except for Tanya and Kate.

The Personality Makeovers: No one acted like themselves in this book. Jacob didnt either, although he did act like himself the most. Which made him my favorite character in that book.

Teenage Pregnancy: Bella isn't exactly a teenager anymore, but that was still teenage pregnancy either way.

Marriage: They got married at a very young age. To young in fact. And ever since the wedding, they didn't act like themselves anymore.

The 'My Son' line: I threw my book on the floor the second time I read it. The first time I read it didn't bother me, all I did was laugh. Although the first time I read the book I actually enjoyed it.

Editing: On the second page of Chapter 3. Bella makes Charlie pancakes, 2 sentences later he is scowling into his cereal bowl. Also, blonde/blond is losing & gaining it's E a lot in this book.

That was a short review but it summed up a lot.
Even if I did not like this book at all. I did enjoy 2 things.

1. The Quil & Claire scene. It was adorable.
2. When Cauis slapped that one girl we dont care about.

3 blogs in one night. xD

See ya,
Waldo

No comments: